"How to cure foot fungus", "how to quickly get rid of onychomycosis, foot fungus, gain eternal youth and defeat death. "These are all questions of the same level. The fungus on the legs cannot be treated quickly and reliably, especially with home methods. You still need a dermatologist.
Mycosis of the foot is a skin disease that is caused by the spread of parasitic fungi and is one of the most common ailments affecting human skin (photo).
The disease is quite difficult to treat and leads to complications, given the fact that it rarely starts on time.
Often, a person infected with a fungal infection does not pay attention to the symptoms and the bacteria have time to firmly "settle" on the skin.
Causes of the fungus on the feet
The high prevalence of mycosis of the foot is explained by the fact that the disease is easily transmitted from person to person at the contact-household level.
Pathogens love a humid and warm environment that encourages fungal growth.
Pools, gyms, baths and saunas - where a person can step barefoot on the floor, are some of the first places where you can pick up a fungus.
The use of household items and personal belongings of a person with mycosis of the foot (towels, washcloths) inevitably leads to infection.
The second reason for the spread of fungal infection and the formation of mycosis of the foot is non-compliance with the rules of personal hygiene, increased sweating of the legs.
Rarely changing socks and putting them on wet feet also create all favorable conditions for the growth of fungus on the feet.
Symptoms of a fungus on the feet
There are several forms of mycosis of the foot, the symptoms of which have distinctive characteristic features.
Erased form of toe fungus
The symptoms of this form of mycosis of the foot are insignificant and this is the insidiousness of the skin disease.
Light dryness and peeling of the dermis is accepted by a person as an absolutely normal physiological phenomenon.
While the gaps that appear between the fingers are considered diaper rash, in fact, these are symptoms of exposure to the fungus.
Squamous-hyperkeratic form of foot fungus
The most common form of mycosis of the foot among the population over 60 years old is the moccasin foot.
So it is called because of the obvious visible signs that appear on the surface of the foot:
- thickened rough skin over the entire surface;
- cracks, calluses (hyperkeratosis);
- attachment of the lesion of the nail plates;
- the color is dirty gray, with yellowness;
- unpleasant odor;
- separation of the stratum corneum, scales;
- soreness when walking and inability to wear shoes.
Vesicular form of foot fungus
Mycoses of the foot, with symptoms in the form of blistering formations with a thick stratum corneum, is called the wet form of a fungal infection.
The bubbles that appear over time open up and become like eczema, ulcers, psoriasis.
In general, mycoses of the foot manifest themselves in different ways.
The disease can begin with cracked heels, the formation of bubbles that burst and itchy, severe diaper rash, or rough skin.
Peeling of the skin cannot be left unnoticed when it exfoliates in large or small flakes from the foot.
There is also an unpleasant odor, the legs sweat quickly, and after being in the shoes, the foot "burns" and itches.
Complications that arise due to a careless attitude to the symptoms of the disease manifest themselves in the form of erosions and painful wounds on the legs, which sometimes cannot be completely healed.
Foot fungus treatment
For the treatment of mycosis of the foot, antimyotics of a new generation are used. They are not as bad for the liver and have noticeable efficacy.
However, the fungus is insidious in that it quickly develops resistance to various kinds of drugs, thereby causing relapses.
To cure a fungal infection of the foot, it is necessary to establish an accurate diagnosis by identifying which type of mycosis has spread over the skin. To do this, make a scraping for the fungus.
Comprehensive treatment, with an accurate regimen for taking drugs, both local and systemic, should be determined only by a specialist, since self-medication leads to an aggravation of the problem.
And the third point of a successful cure is the patient's strict discipline in taking medications, adhering to a diet and taking preventive measures.
Several treatment regimens for mycosis of the foot are used - combined and monotherapy.
And if one drug is selected for monotherapy, more often for external use.
That combined scheme involves several directions in treatment at once:
- outdoor remedies;
- tablets for internal use;
- laser exposure;
- hardware pedicure.
External remedies for foot fungus
The most effective, capable of influencing the fungus, is a substance that destroys both mold and yeast-like fungi, can fight dermatophytes and infections of non-fungal origin, which are often associated with mycosis of the foot.
This substance can be presented in various forms - spray, cream or gel, solution, etc.
The products act on the principle of the formation of a protective film, which can be retained on the surface of the skin for up to 72 hours.
External drugs are applied in the amount prescribed by the doctor, but often, the procedure is performed 1-2 times a day for 2 to 4 weeks, then the treatment continues, but according to a different scheme.
Before applying the ointment or cream, the foot is cleansed.
Salicylic acid wraps are made to get rid of the stratum corneum, soap-soda baths, vaseline-based ointment is used to soften and remove dead tissue.
Such procedures are carried out in special rooms for medical pedicure, using grinding attachments.
Before treating mycosis of the feet with a wet type, you should dry the ulcers and blisters with boric acid, brilliant green or iodine.
To prevent the spread of the fungus to the nail plates, special varnishes are prescribed against onychomycosis.
But the vesicular form of mycosis will require the addition of corticosteroids to the treatment regimen.
How to cure a fungus on the feet - systemic therapy
Taking antimycotics inside is not indicated for all patients with mycosis of the foot.
The drugs are quite toxic, therefore, pregnant and lactating women, young children, elderly people, as well as those who have liver dysfunctions are not prescribed.
According to the instructions attached to the drug or according to the scheme prescribed by the doctor, tablet forms of antimycotics are taken.
Recently, drugs that relieve foot and nail fungus in 1 course have proven themselves well, relieve itching, peeling and irritation of the skin of the legs after the first application.
Folk remedies for treating fungus on the feet
If there are categorical contraindications for the treatment of mycosis of the foot with medications, then you can try folk remedies.
How to cure foot fungus at home:
- The acid found in wine vinegar or table vinegar (9%) is an effective folk remedy against fungus. It is used to lubricate the surface of the skin affected by mycosis and put on cotton socks on top. Leave it overnight. It is not recommended to use vinegar for those who have wounds or sores on the legs. In this case, it is better to reduce the concentration of the folk remedy or replace it with a more gentle one.
- Brewed coffee shows good results. It is necessary to brew the drink stronger and enough so that you can completely dip your feet into it. For prevention, alternative treatment is carried out on two limbs at once, even if mycosis is observed only on one. Perform the procedure at bedtime.
- Celandine foot baths also act as an effective folk remedy that can rid the feet of fungus in a month. Prepare a bath at the rate of 4 tbsp. l per 1 l. water. The grass is boiled, after which the legs soar in a warm collection for up to half an hour. You can also take a stronger collection of herbs for brewing - oak bark, medicinal chamomile, knotweed, sage, eucalyptus and fir needles. They all have excellent antifungal properties.
- You can also use lotions from a local anesthetic drug, moistening a cotton sponge in a medicinal solution and applying it to the affected area. A folk remedy quickly relieves symptoms - soreness and itching.
Prevention of fungus on the feet
Effective treatment of mycosis of the foot is possible subject to the following preventive measures:
- obligatory disinfection of insoles and the inner surface of shoes, the more often the better. To do this, use special antifungal shoe sprays or alcohol;
- it is advisable to change bedding daily and it is necessary to wash it at high temperatures;
- disinfect the surface of the bathroom or shower stall, and also refuse to visit public baths during treatment;
- in public places, do not allow yourself to walk barefoot and wipe your feet dry before putting on your shoes;
- it is necessary to treat the fungus at once to all family members, otherwise someone will constantly become infected;
- follow a diet - do not eat allergenic foods, smoked meats, preserves, highly salty and peppery foods, sweets.