Most often, the fungus begins with the toes. Why? For the development of the fungus, high humidity, heat and lack of ventilation are necessary. All this is fully consistent with the conditions that are created when wearing low-quality or tight shoes.
The occurrence of interdigital fungus on the legs is due to the fact that very favorable conditions for the development of pathogenic microorganisms are often created in this place of the human body. That is why it is very important to carefully monitor the cleanliness and hygiene of this area.
If the necessary set of preventive measures is implemented, the risk of infection is minimized. When it was not possible to avoid infection, it is necessary to systematically and comprehensively approach the treatment process so that the fungus on the toes disappears completely. If a fungus appears between the toes, treatment should begin immediately.
What does fungus look like between toes?
The skin between the toes is soft and thin. In addition, the fingers are closely pressed to each other. With the slightest cracks, microtraumas or scratches, the interdigital space is an ideal environment for the development of mycosis.
Its main symptoms are as follows:
- In the interdigital space are found: peeling, deep cracks, damage, around which a roller is formed from non-exfoliated cells, redness of the skin.
- Sometimes a fungal infection is complicated by a bacterial infection.
- The period of active peeling is replaced by weeping skin cracks and diaper rash around the cracks.
- Feeling itchy or burning.
- Peeling does not go away, but continues to spread to other fingers.
- The advanced stage of the fungus between the fingers can affect the nails and cause the development of onychomycosis.
Skin fungus cannot be cured with conventional creams and topical treatments that help with other injuries. If similar symptoms appear between the fingers and do not disappear for a long time, you should consult a doctor and get tested for types of fungal pathogens.
Complexities of treatment
Treatment of a fungal infection is complicated by the fact that a long period is needed for the final recovery. Sometimes it seems that the fungus is defeated, but it returns and the fight begins again. The treatment takes a lot of time, effort and expensive drugs. Which, moreover, have a negative effect on the liver and kidneys. Therefore, in the treatment of fungus between the toes, it is worth using not only medication, but also effective treatment with home and folk remedies.
Treatment of fungus in pregnant women
Any treatment during pregnancy is prescribed with caution, as medications can harm the unborn baby. Moreover, antimycotic drugs that have a wide range of side effects. Even external agents are actively absorbed into the skin and can cause an unnecessary reaction, so all appointments are made under the supervision of a doctor.
It is better to treat the fungus between the toes during pregnancy with the help of folk recipes and home remedies, they will not cause an unwanted reaction and have no side effects. As opposed to medical treatment.
- Soda-salt foot baths: 15 grams of soda and 30 grams of sea or iodized salt are dissolved in a liter of warm water. The bath is taken for half an hour, and then the feet are rinsed with clean water and the top layer is removed with a sponge or brush. An alcohol solution of iodine is applied to a dry surface, abundantly moistening a swab. Such cauterization with iodine after the bath is done several times.
- Compress for the night using birch tar: it is applied in a thick layer on cotton-gauze swabs and placed between the fingers and under the toes. It is necessary to fix the compress with foil or compress paper. When using tar, improvement can come very quickly.
- Fresh onion juice - used as an external agent, applied between the fingers at night. This folk remedy effectively treats skin fungus between the fingers.
- During pregnancy, salicylic and zinc ointments, which have an antifungal effect, are not contraindicated for use. Zinc ointment will also help to cope with sweating feet. These funds are best used after therapeutic baths.
- Baths with apple or wine vinegar: fingers are immersed in a small amount of vinegar for 10-15 minutes. After the procedure, the legs are rinsed with clean water and treated with iodine.
All procedures will be more effective if you first steam your legs in hot water, and then remove the top layer of skin with a brush or sponge.
Treatment of young children
Treatment of fungus between the toes in children is complicated by the age of the child. Most antifungal drugs are contraindicated in young children under 2 years of age. Treatment with improvised and folk remedies also causes certain problems: adults are ready to endure discomfort in order to get rid of the fungus between the fingers, and the child is unlikely to agree to an vinegar or vodka compress. Therefore, the most sparing compositions based on plant components remain.
- A decoction of wormwood is used as baths for 20-30 minutes. 150 grams of dry grass is poured with a liter of boiling water and heated in a water bath for 30 minutes. After cooling, the decoction is ready for use.
- Chicken egg, 15 grams of 9% vinegar and 15 grams of vegetable or butter. The ingredients are mixed, and infused for a day in the refrigerator. With the composition, you can make compresses at night by moistening cotton swabs and placing them between your fingers. They very gently and effectively allow you to exfoliate the skin between the fingers and cure foot fungus.
- Fresh celandine leaves in the amount of 1. 5 tablespoons are finely cut and poured with a liter of hot water. Insist under the lid until cool, use for baths for 15-20 minutes.
- After any remedy, you need to rinse your feet with clean water, and generously lubricate the surface between the fingers with iodine.
Recipes for the treatment of fungus between the toes based on iodine, ammonia, vinegar essence, boric acid have proven themselves well.
- Mix ammonia, table vinegar and iodine in equal proportions and let it brew. The solution should become transparent. Soak a cotton swab well with this product and hold it on the affected surface for several minutes. The tool effectively kills the fungus, but it should not be used if there are weeping cracks, open wounds or a bacterial infection.
- Boric acid powder can be used to treat fungus as a compress by placing it between your toes at night.
General rules for the treatment of fungus
When treating a fungus by any means, remember:
- There can be an individual allergic reaction to any agent, composition or product. If you feel worse, it is better to stop the medicine.
- If a bacterial infection has joined the fungal infection, and in addition to peeling, pustules, crusts, vesicles are observed, then the skin is preliminarily treated with drying bactericidal agents. For example, a solution of potassium permanganate, fukartsin, brilliant green. After the bacterial infection is eliminated, the fungus is treated.
- Products with active ingredients such as vinegar, ammonia, boric acid and others should not be applied if there are open wounds or cracks. They can cause severe tissue burns.
When treating any type of fungus, you should be patient and pick up individual household products: a manicure set, brushes, files, a basin, and so on. In addition, these tools must be used correctly. Thus, you will protect your loved ones from the fungus.