Mycosis of the skin is always accompanied by unpleasant symptoms in the form of itching, redness and peeling. This is why everyone should be aware of foot fungus. Home treatment is more popular, as it does not require financial costs and is no worse than expensive drugs from a pharmacy in terms of effectiveness.
In traditional medicine, there are many ways to help quickly and easily get rid of this problem. The main condition is to start treatment as soon as the first signs of an infectious disease appear.
The most effective home remedies:
- medical iodine;
- hydrogen peroxide;
- celandine grass;
- apple essence;
- bicarbonate of soda.
When using, it should be borne in mind that these components can cause side effects in the form of dry skin or peeling.
This is due to the fact that it is the drying effect that creates obstacles for the growth and reproduction of pathogens.
Ordinary iodine copes well with fungal infections, is used for treatment with antiseptics. In addition, it contains substances that negatively affect the protein compounds of the pathogenic flora, so after several applications, the growth of the fungus stops.
A few recipes that will help cure foot fungus at home:
- You will need 5 liters of hot water and 3 tablespoons of iodine. Mix everything and lower the diseased limbs into this solution, hold for about half an hour. Next, dry your feet thoroughly. You need to take such a bath every other day until the disease subsides.
- For the next remedy, you need to prepare medical alcohol and iodine in a 1: 1 ratio. Mix everything thoroughly, moisten a cotton swab in the liquid and treat the affected areas of the skin with it. It is best to carry out such therapeutic measures every day at night. As a rule, after 7-10 days, the severity of symptoms decreases.
Iodine treatment is not recommended for people with individual intolerance, as well as in the presence of thyroid diseases. In addition, such compounds cause dry skin, and the wrong dosage can cause severe burns.
Hydrogen peroxide can be used as a healing compress. To do this, you need to take a 3% solution, moisten the gauze bandage abundantly and apply it to the legs for 20-30 minutes. To enhance the effect, you can put a plastic wrap over the bandage, and wrap it with a warm scarf on top. This procedure is carried out twice a day for 7 days.
Such applications prevent the spread of infection and provide antiseptic treatment. After the session, the itching and unpleasant smell of the feet, which causes athlete's foot, are significantly reduced.
Peroxide baths are also very popular. To do this, you need to dilute 4 large spoons of the solution in two liters of water, put your feet in the basin and keep it there for exactly 2 hours. Repeat the activity in the morning and evening.
The benefits of celandine
This plant has long been known for its beneficial properties in the treatment of many dermatological diseases. You can cure the fungus on the legs with fresh and dry celandine.
To prepare a solution for steaming the affected limbs, you will need 3 tablespoons of the crushed plant and 1 cup of boiling water. It is necessary to boil the mixture for about 10 minutes, cool a little and steam the legs in the solution for 20 minutes. Such medical procedures with herbs are recommended to be carried out twice a day.
Lotions help a lot. It is necessary to moisten a cotton swab or a clean cloth in a decoction of celandine and apply it to the place where the fungus appeared. Wait 20 minutes, remove the bandage and let the skin dry or saturate it with a dry cloth.
In severe cases, it is recommended to use pure celandine juice. You can get it directly from the flower.
To do this, you need to make a new shoot, cut it along the length and attach it to the problem area. Repeat this event every three days until complete recovery.
This plant is poisonous, so decoctions and infusions from it must be prepared correctly, following the exact recipe and dosage. Before use, you should consult a doctor, as this herb can cause allergic reactions, burns, and after ingestion - poisoning.
One of the most effective antimicrobials is apple cider vinegar. To prepare a healing foot bath, you need to dissolve 3 tablespoons of acid in water (5 liters) and mix. The procedure takes twenty minutes and is required every day.
You can prepare the solution needed for antifungal application. Take the essence and water in equal volumes, soak gauze in this liquid and apply to the affected foot, fix and hold for 25 minutes.
Before using any of these products, it is necessary to treat the skin around the lesions with a rich antiseptic cream. This will protect healthy skin from excessive dryness, flaking and possible infections.
Other methods of struggle
There are many other home remedies for foot fungus. One of them is regular baking soda. The medicine can be prepared according to the following folk recipes:
- Pour a spoonful of soda and iodized salt into a basin of hot water, mix everything well and immerse the limbs in this solution. It will be enough to engage in such activities for half an hour a day. After that, be sure to dry your feet with a towel and put on clean socks.
- The next bath is prepared a little differently. Tar soap is grated, you will need 2 tablespoons and the same amount of soda. Both components are added to hot water (7 liters) and mixed. The method of application is similar to the previous one.
- Soda applications have a good antifungal effect, but they have a significant drawback - they dry the skin a lot. To prepare the solution, you need to take baking soda (3 tablespoons) and boiled water (4 tablespoons). Mix everything, apply the resulting mixture to the wounds. Wait exactly 10 minutes and you can wash off.
- Another effective remedy is used as follows: the place where the fungus has formed is sprinkled abundantly with baking soda, left in this form for five minutes, then poured with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Wait for the composition to react and foam, wait a few minutes and you can rinse.
- Many people use tar soap to fight fungus. Contains substances that contribute to the drying of the epidermis and eliminate sweating and odor that occur during the disease. Doctors advise using it for preventive purposes, for this it is enough to wash your feet every day with soap and water.
- Tar soap can be used as compresses, they are especially useful in the early stages. To do this, crush a piece and dissolve it in boiling water. In this solution, the tissue is moistened and applied to the lesion for 20-25 minutes.
- An indoor aloe flower will help get rid of the problem. This family doctor has a very healthy juice. For cooking, you need to cut the leaves, chop them and pour boiling water. Leave the healing solution for 3-4 hours so that it is well infused. It is better to soak a medical cotton swab and treat the skin in the right place. Such activities must be carried out twice a day.
- Fresh lemon also fights mycosis, it is cut into slices and applied for a quarter of an hour to problem areas of the body. Citrus fruits can also help to get rid of the smell if you smear the juice on your feet at night.
Another simple but effective cure for fungus is made from garlic. There are several preparation options:
- Take a few slices, turn them into a pulp and squeeze well through a sterile bandage. Soak a cotton swab in the resulting garlic juice and treat the affected area. This procedure is repeated three times a day.
- Mix the squeezed garlic gruel and onion juice. Apply the composition to a clean cloth on the firebox. Secure with a bandage and leave for half an hour.
Garlic will have an antibacterial effect on the infection and stop the growth of pathogenic microflora, removing the smell. For greater effectiveness, it is recommended to perform this procedure every day.
Tips and tricks
Before proceeding with the treatment of skin mycosis, it is necessary to eliminate what was in contact with the infected skin. May be:
They should not be thrown away, but boiled and then washed in any disinfectant. The use of unhygienic footwear is strongly discouraged. This will cause re-infection.
For the duration of treatment, it is worth abandoning socks made of synthetic materials, it is preferable to wear products made from natural fabrics. Shoes should also be selected in an appropriate way so that they do not burn or rub, the feet in them should in no case sweat or squeeze. This is due to the fact that it is sweat that is a favorable environment for the pathogen. In such conditions, pathogenic microflora progresses and multiplies.
Folk remedies are most effective in combination with drug therapy. In this case, getting rid of mycosis of the skin will be much faster.